Tuesday 5 April 2016

They Have Forsaken Me

The cartoon below appeared in The Courier Mail on Thursday, 24th March 2016. It jolted me.


Last week as I was preparing to preach on Sunday, the word of the Lord came to me. The hand of the Lord was heavy on me for days and I knew that, as difficult as it was, there was only one message He would have me bring.
For my people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. Jer 2:13
What came forth on Sunday was a prophetic message to the nation and for us as the church in this hour. Reflecting on the message, I understand now that it was something of the Lord's response to this cartoon. His right of reply, if you like. Obviously in a one hour message only so much can come forth, but I believe we received something of His heart. 

To listen to the message, click on this link: 

They Have Forsaken Me (Part 1)

To listen to the follow-up messages, click on the following links: 

We Will Stand (Part 2)
The Fire in Resistance (Part 3)

May the word of the Lord come forth powerfully in this hour, that we may turn and be healed.
Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of My people been restored? Jer 8:22

No comments:

Post a Comment